Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Test and Some More Tests

So it is midterm week for some of my classes. Some of them are next week, but it is still stressful. All this studying and studying and lack of sleep and then some more studying. To top that off, I still have 6 a.m. practice and games all week. I love being a STUDENT ATHLETE....

But for my IDC class with Dr. Baker, I have been going over my notes on the books and the notes from class. I'm pretty sure I'll do OK on Antigone and Plato, but on the Old Testament and the one on the Iliad... I may be in a little trouble. I didn't exactly read those.... oops.

My roommate has been helping me, just giving me quick overview and I can piece it together with the skimming and what people have said in class. I also have an essay to be written out of class on how women have been portrayed in Antigone, Gilgamesh and the Old Testament. I've started that but need some "meat" for my body.

We had to fill out a "timetable" for Converse 101 and plan out our studying for an exam we're going to have. And although I did mine for one that is next week, it has help point out that studying should really start at the beginning of the year.

I've been reviewing my notes in my classes and going over the reading but not EVERYDAY, and definitely not from the beginning of school....I'll have to keep that in mind next semester, begin to keep cracking for my finals.

But this year has flown by. It seems like yesterday I was here for preseason and then classes started. I'm baffled how it's midterms already. Pretty soon it will be FINALS... oh no.

1 comment:

Witney Fisher said...

See, I told you so! Just kidding... but, reviewing your notes daily is extremely helpful when it comes to mid-terms. It sounds like you have a good plan in place. Hope they went well.