Tuesday, October 21, 2008

OBAMA or McCAIN

November is sneaking up and I haven't realized I need to vote in three weeks.....

I've been in my bubble here at Converse, and I've watched a little bit of the debates, but the actually voting notification must have slipped my mind. This election is really important, but yet I know very little about each's views and I haven't done my research. The economy, the war, health care, etc, are major issues a citizen should be worried about.

In all honesty. I have to say I'm not too concerned. For the next four years, I'll be in college. If I don't like what this president does, I'll change it then. Granted that taxes affect me now, but until I get off my parents insurance, get out from under their roof, there's not much I need to be worried about.
At the same time, however, what the president does in these next few years may change where I'm headed after Converse.

I've given thought to whom I'll vote for, and personally, neither man is qualified, in my eyes, to rule America. I've been more concerned with their VPs. If he is not capable, maybe with help from the VP, it'll work out. Many people have joked that its the VP that will be running the country cause Obama will be assassinated and McCain will die in office. (I don't believe in either, but if something was to happen, the VP must be qualified to step in.)

I've also thought about "throwing" my vote away and voting for Ralph Nader, the 3rd party.
I'll try to catch up on who's for what and against what before the time comes.

1 comment:

Emily Parris said...

I cant keep up with all that stuff neither dont feel bad