Thursday, September 4, 2008

Not too much

So this year has started off with a little bit more responsibility than I thought. Waking up at 5 am is not as fun as, say sleeping in until 10 am. But with soccer and a full plate of class, I have to manage.
I strolled through the "Involvement Fair" here at Converse just to see what was out there. After thinking about my obligations now, and it is only the first two weeks, I decided I'd hold off on joining organizations. For the same reason as not having a job my first semester, I'm not sure what I'm capable of handling.
Maybe next semester I'll stretch myself a little bit thinner, giving more to the college besides athletics and class. When I see how this year plays out and whether the work load is manageable, I'll think about adding something to my plate.
In Converse 101, Witney gave out a piece of paper, and on the back it had a plate with activities one may be involved in. And about it, it said "Don't add something without taking something off."
I want to get involved with organizations, but as for now, I'm just figuring things out. I'm scared that if I commit myself to too much, I'll get stressed, slack, and overworked,
My commitment to soccer, the athletics and to my grades are all that matter to me at this time.

1 comment:

Witney Fisher said...

Amanda - sounds like you are makin wise decisions. You have decided that your plate is full, for now. The great thing is that you can adjust what is on your plate all throughout college.