Tuesday, August 26, 2008

To Be or Not to Be?

This is my first time being away from my twin sister, my mom, my dad and my dog for an extended period of time. Although this is new, I've adjusted well so far. Converse has been amazing; the community feels united and the girls/women here are going to be some of my closest friends.

High school was fun. I enjoyed all the experiences and all the sporting events. They were four years I'll remember fondly. But it is time for me to start a new chapter or even a new book.

I'm here to learn all that is out there. I may stay in college for the rest of my life.... just don't tell my parents.

Just being on campus for three weeks I've seen how extensive the OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT are. And to be honest, I'm intimidated. Do I have enough time to explore?

I'm just a freshman. I've got four years, right? Good.

They will be full of events and friends, learning and teaching, relaxing and pushing myself to the farthest point.

In my first semester, I expect it to be a lot of studying, and as Dr. Hughes says "Time Allocation" not time management. I didn't study in high school. To be honest, the classes were too easy with a few exceptions.

CHALLENGE ME. TEST ME
I'm pretty sure the classes here will. This is already something new to me and I'm being tested. Maybe not by the professors, but my past experiences and lack of.

NEW AND LASTING FRIENDSHIPS
In small groups, orientation and sports, I've met some amazing, diverse, and interesting ladies here. I can imagine all the laughter that I'll have from the soccer team, and the meaningful late night talks with my roomie.

This year is already on a good foot...(besides my sprained ankle).

I'm excited about what the rest will bring.



1 comment:

Witney said...

Amanda - your entry made me laugh. Sometimes, I feel like I have not left college. Keep your eyes, ears, and mind open. College has so much to offer you.